Thursday, July 31, 2014

It's Crappy Photo Time

(Sung to Howdy Doody tune ... and even I'm not THAT old!)


It was too dark in the house to take pics but I did it anyway and the result is less than stellar. But I promised pics of this dress and since I actually wore it to work today, here's my promise fulfilled. On top of bad light, etc., the print/pattern is really wreaking havoc with the autofocus, like wearing stripes on TV. All in all, a less than great photographic result (see blog title above), but better than nothing I suppose.


I do like the dress shape (except for Bustle Butt) and will consider this my wearable (cough:cough) muslin. I can see me making this again at some point, but maybe without all the mistakes? ;-) Not sure why there's a white stripe across my butt, maybe a flash phantom? And I thought Bustle Butt was bad enough!


To cover the Bustle Butt, I threw on the coral cardi. I think I'm channeling Halloween now. Even though the fabric was a bee-yotch to cut and sew, it's very comfortable to wear. I like the dress as long as I'm not looking at my rear end in a mirror. And, considering I'm usually sitting at a desk, everyone else is mostly spared that sight too.

I haven't gotten back to my Broke Myrtle yet (I probably shouldn't call it that and apologize to Colette), but the weekend is coming and since Alex is away, I don't have any responsibilities except to sew. And walk dogs. :-)

17 comments:

  1. It's cute and has a kind of vintage vibe. I think you should wear more black and white, it's very flattering on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A cardigan always works wonders! Glad you got to wear it and see if it's worth making again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a lovely dress and I think you are too critical of the back view. Looks great to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is great dress and it look good overall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Howdy Doody! I am old enough! My family didn't have a TV, but I saw the show at a friend's house and I was entranced. There was a segment about doing everything backwards that I thought was amazing, and I re enacted at every opportunity LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the back looks better than you think but the term "bustle butt" - that one is going on the "too funny" list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your dress and do not think your backside looks bad at all. As a few others said I think you are being over critical. I wear cardis a lot not to cover my falling back side but the ugly old woman crinkly arms. They are a great accessory for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it looks great, especially with the colorful cardi!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That dress is very flattering on you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This turned out super cute! And enjoy your weekend, a weekend of sewing sounds perfect to me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Considering that you really didn't like it on Tillie, it came out pretty well. And your cardigan breaks up the expanse of checks and does hide the Bustle Butt effect. Hope you like it better in your "real" fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The cardigan helps to cover the back nicely. All in all a nice set.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gotta say, I love the style/cut on you. Very flattering. That said, you know all you don't like about it and if you're not feeling the love you'll never be happy wearing this dress. But do make it again with the changes and I think it'll be a real go-to for you. Looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The camera may not like the print, but the cardi fixes everything!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think this dress looks way better on you than the dress form--you're being too hard on yourself. It's cute! The front yoke really adds style and the fitted midriff is very flattering.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'd be tempted to redo the waist piece in a solid black. I don't think the dress is near as bad as you do.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for each and every comment. I appreciate them all, but I have to be honest and let you know that I'm usually bad about answering questions. I hope you understand that there just isn't enough time in the day to do everything I want to do.

To help keep spam comments under control, any comments to blog posts that are more than 30 days old are moderated and will not show up immediately.