Monday, June 18, 2012

McCall 6032 Photos

Here I am after a long day at work, pretending to be a supermodel. (cough:cough) Have I mentioned lately that I LOVE my job? Yep, still do. This door leads into my bathroom from the pool. Hopefully, the pool will warm up soon and I can actually use it (the door and the pool). And the new Walmart shoes? Completely comfortable all day long. Love 'em!



I did actually make some bra keepers last night while watching Drop Dead Diva. I kinda love that show, even though it's kinda dorky. But then, so am I. It's good mindless Sunday night entertainment. Anyway, the bra keepers not only kept my bra straps in check but eliminated the need to tape down the neckline.


As you can see, I went with the sash. It's just a length of the border looped around the waistband and through the gathering loop (you'd have to be familiar with the pattern to know what that means), and then tied in a double knot. I had a nice compliment on my dress early in the day and I said, "Thank you, I made it." And she said, "WHAT?" lol And then at our weekly department meeting, my coworker announced that I had made my dress and we all had a little conversation about that, ending with me saying, "Nope, no wedding dresses," to my coworker who just recently became engaged. She didn't ask, but I wasn't leaving anything to chance. With age comes wisdom. ;-)


Here's the back view. The neck is still a vee and it looks floppy only because of my posture for this pose. What the heck was I looking at?


Here's the trippy pup staring intently into the plant, willing a lizard to appear. I think he's addicted now. It's easy to joke now that I know he's OK.


And Dani, who would spend every minute of every day and night out here if we let her. She prefers to hunt the squirrels but has been known to nab a lizard. Or 50.


I had this idea to take pics of all the flowers currently in bloom in my yard but it was going to take me an hour to resize and upload all of them so you get just one. Hibiscus. You can see my bathroom door above the back bloom in the center of the pic, to give you some idea of where I was standing in the first pic. It's a really nice yard. I hope I get to stay here for a long, long time. It's even nicer because it comes with a yard service.



38 comments:

  1. Your dress is beautiful! Love that border print too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous dress! I love the sash- it looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super dress! I must say, you look so skinny! What an inspiration. I'm gonna go exercise now...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous dress - and the new sandals are perfect with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice dress! Nice yard! Good Puppies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your dress is awesome. Looks so nice on you. You're very smart to establish the "no sewing for others" rule right off the bat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The dress turned out great.
    Nice yard, and a yard service? That means you get to really enjoy the yard and have more time to sew too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look just lovely in that dress, Debbie! Plus, you just look happy and that is awesome.

    ~Bev

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great dress! Love your fabric choice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute on you, Debbie.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab dress and the shoes look great with it! Bonus if they are comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A really beautiful dress, love the fabric!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your dress looks fantastic! I can relate to the co-worker/sewing thing. I've been wearing a few me made things at work and been receiving compliments about them so I took the plunge and said I'd made them. It's amazing how many ex-sewers there are. I've even managed to inspire some to start sewing again! Yay! It's good to have sewing chat at work!!!
    Ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes you are looking good in your new dress! Thanks for sharing pics of our new home!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That should be your new home because the last I checked I was still living in NJ!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful dress, Debbie. And I love Drop Dead Diva. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Much better picture!
    This is a lovely flattering dress on you. You look quite slim in it, too.
    Your garden looks inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice dress. The shoes look good.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome dress! I love this one. The style is so flattering and the fabric is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  20. They're much better pictures. They really do you and your work justice. Great dress.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great dress - love the border print and how you used it with the sash. It looks very comfortable to wear too. Terrific job!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your dress. You should be getting compliments on it.

    ReplyDelete
  23. the dress turned out wonderfully. I'm glad you are getting settled in and back to sewing again.

    Love the photos of the dogs and the yard. Enjoy. g

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your dress is so on trend.
    Attending my son's graduation this weekend showcased some serious dot dresses.
    Very, very short hems on the young gals who had to hold the hem to keep it from blowing - up.

    Your sash works.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love how you have used the border. You look terrific in this dress.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the dress. That's a great idea to re-apply the border where needed. I'll be filing that little hint away.

    And I'm thrilled to know that you aren't responsible for mowing that yard!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Yard service! Wow woman you sure lucked into a charmed life; are you pinching yourself every day? Outted at work as a sewist too; be prepared for mega compliments.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love your dress. I also love your beautiful smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  29. The dress came out really well. The border print makes it. Nice yard, too. Hibiscus lasts only until August here, then they freeze to death.

    ReplyDelete
  30. You look lovely in your dress :) Concerning SEWING REQUESTS... Just advise them..CUSTOM SEWING costs approximately MINIMUM... THREE times the cost of RETAIL. I am an AMERICAN who sews for a living. (I realize you have a 'real' job :) It's AMAZING how people THINK they can have me custom-make something CHEAPER than the CHINA/PAKISTAN/INDIA manufacturers... UMM>>>NO :) :) I have to make a LIVING WAGE to pay my bills and taxes, same as every other American worker :) Just thought I would give you a 'heads up' as far as PRICING if you WOULD take on a sewing project :) I am glad you are settling into your new life :) GOOD FOR YOU :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Debbie, this dress is gorgeous on you. Would you consider the pattern to be beginner friendly? It's for knits, right? I'm thinking this might also be cute in a more casual fabric, with flip flops. Because I LIVE for flip flops... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Rebecca - I think the dress is advanced-beginner friendly, but remember that I didn't follow the instructions exactly. There aren't too many pieces (especially if you leave off the lining like I did) and the seams are all easy too. The hardest part is probably where the gathers loop together but that is covered anyway so even if you mess up a little, no one will ever know. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Looks great! I just love the way you used the border for the sash, it really brings everything up a notch.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Debbie, Hope you survived the Debby storm without flooding or anything? I'm glad it finally stopped raining down here. (Sarasota)

    ReplyDelete
  35. It's all been said already about your lovely dress, so I'll admire your cute dogs instead.

    ReplyDelete
  36. It's not like you to be absent so long. I know you're in Florida, but I"m not sure where. Hope it's just internet down or something... or maybe too busy with that great job. Hope all that rain didn't cause flooding in your area/house. Looking forward to hearing from you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love the print of the dress and it looks great even if the pic is a bit blurry. I agree with Carolyn, reward your weight loss by buying some new patterns in your new tiny size!! cheap prom dresses

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for each and every comment. I appreciate them all, but I have to be honest and let you know that I'm usually bad about answering questions. I hope you understand that there just isn't enough time in the day to do everything I want to do.

To help keep spam comments under control, any comments to blog posts that are more than 30 days old are moderated and will not show up immediately.