Wednesday, April 4, 2012

More Wednesday Random Ramblings

1. I just sewed.
2. OK, so it was just hemming Alex's pants for the wedding.
3. But I'm counting it.
4. Speaking of the wedding, it's this coming weekend.
5. I took Friday off, to pick up my sister at the airport, and then we'll all drive down to West Palm Beach.
6. This is the first paid vacation day I will have in TWENTY-THREE years.
7. The last one was maternity leave for the Marine.
8. Hah! Time flies.
9. No wonder I'm ancient already.
10. Yesterday was the worst day I've had in a very long time.
11. I lost the rental house via email at 6:50 a.m.
12. I fretted all day.
13. I was so frickin' sick about it, that my stomach was in knots and I couldn't eat a thing.
14. I even weeped in front of a co-worker. Or two.
15. But then it worked out (LONG story short, there was a huge miscommunication).
16. I didn't find out it was back on until 8:45 p.m.
17. Can you say LONG DAY?
18. What upset me the most was having to tell Alex.
19. Thank heaven I didn't have to.
20. And today I was starving. lol
21. I had a hair appointment last night.
22. I would've canceled to go mope except I NEED good hair for the wedding.
23. By the time I left, I was actually all Zen about it all.
24. The house, not my hair.
25. All that wasted worry.
26. I'm probably 55 now.
27. Today was the complete opposite.
28. And boy did I appreciate the difference.
29. Important lawyers, the CFO, and the CMO all praised me in writing (email) for the work I've done on a big project we're in the middle of.
30. No praise for ending sentences with prepositions. lol
31. Plus I wore my new purple/fuchsia print outfit and felt very pretty and girly all day.
32. So maybe I aged back down to 49. ;-)
33. My hair came out great.
34. You know sometimes you get a so-so cut, even though the same person cuts it each time?
35. I needed the great this time and he came through.
36. I still don't have a signed lease, but I'm Zen about it, remember?
37. What is meant to happen, will. And I feel strongly this one is meant to happen.
38. Today is my 25th anniversary.
39. And my last one.
40. Hah.

21 comments:

  1. Oh I'm the first to comment. OMG! Whew - glad it worked out. You're definitely back down to 49 and the good hair always helps.
    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad the house is working out. Again. I'm glad today was better! How wonderful that they praised you in writing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang on in there Debbie I hope that you have a wonderful week-end and that the new house is sorted. Looking forward to seeing you live the real single life, knock em dead!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always enjoy reading your random thoughts! :)

    ~Bev

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Debbie, I feel older now too. Whew! And don't knock 55, some of your biggest fans are 55 . :-)

    But seriously, if it is meant to be, it will happen. Someday, I hope you'll elaborate on the misunderstanding. When do you sign the lease?

    Have a wonderful time at the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who ARE these lawyers? They must be from another planet. To get praise like that in an email? How many of us could say the same? How many US workers would feel they'd died and gone to heaven if they ever got a 'great job'?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Deb, I understand how upset and disappointed you much have been when you initially got the news about the house, but I am SO glad it was just a miscommunication. If you're anything like me, you really won't relax until that lease is signed! Things have been such a whirlwind for you lately. I hope that you have a wonderful weekend at the wedding. Isn't getting praise from the higher ups wonderful?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Deb, I'm so sorry you went through the emotional trauam but happy that it worked out in the end. It makes me smile to know that your bosses appreciate you. Yes, lawyers like these do exist and I am fortunate enough to have been with my guy for the past 14 years. Have a great time at the wedding / great weekend! (Love the random thoughts!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have great fun at the wedding. And are you absolutely sure they are lawyers? I've worked for lawyers!The nicest bunch of sharks I ever want to meet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wanna see the hair!!
    Faith is about taking that first step, even though you can't see the staircase...keep the faith!

    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do so love your random thoughts!
    So glad that all has worked out now with the house and hope you have a wonderful time at the wedding and a Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nothing like a good hair day to make you feel great, or at least help. I don't know what I'd do without my hairdresser! He never fails to make me feel fabulous.
    The house sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love these random thought posts! A great haircut can make a lot of things better. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  14. If I added all the hours I've spent worrying and subtracted them from my age I'd be 29 instead of 60!!;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh man, what a roller coaster! Fingers crossed for the house and the zen. Have fun at the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Girl... you do need to take a minute and breeeeeeeath! Like you say, if it's supposed to be it will!
    Hang in there and have a great time at the wedding!
    djcogdill@q.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Easter! What a roller-coaster last few days you have had. Relax and enjoy the wedding festivities -- you deserve to be entertained. Oh, and Happy Last Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  18. `I came here tonight hoping to see pictures from the wedding...no not the bride and groom....YOU!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. `I came here tonight hoping to see pictures from the wedding...no not the bride and groom....YOU!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Tee he!
    You ALWAYS make me laugh Debbie!
    Thank you, and since I'm reading chronologically backwards, I know the wedding took place already, and I hope you had a great time.
    Has anyone told you lately, "You look marvelous!!!" (throw in a little Billy Crytstal)
    Designdreamer

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for each and every comment. I appreciate them all, but I have to be honest and let you know that I'm usually bad about answering questions. I hope you understand that there just isn't enough time in the day to do everything I want to do.

To help keep spam comments under control, any comments to blog posts that are more than 30 days old are moderated and will not show up immediately.