Wednesday, October 12, 2011

I Needed A Quickie

Today was crazy at work. We had lots of materials to gather and ship off for a conference in Atlanta on Friday, some of which were last-minute additions, hence the crazy part, and some I've been working on for a couple of weeks and today got to see printed and unveiled for the first time. It was nice to see my work "in the flesh" and it was even nicer to be an appreciated member of the team that made it all happen. All of this is to say I REALLY needed to sew when I got home (late) tonight.

I'm very glad that while I cut out the drape-neck top last night, I didn't force things by sewing it. First, I needed that extra rest today but even more important (you see where my priorities are), it was a nice quickie project to sew up without too much brain power involved.

And, here it is with the Love/Hate skirt. This will be tomorrow's outfit. I have a meeting tomorrow with a possible vendor for an odd packaging project and I want to look and feel good. New clothes always do the trick. I will probably grab one of my cardis to have handy for my daily freezing spell. I'm eating my words a lot lately it seems, but I'm actually preferring pantyhose most days since they keep my legs warm. Who wudda thunk?


Here's the top on Zillie so maybe you can see the drape better. I made this top extra long so I could "scrunch" it up with a belt. I may or may not still shorten it. I'll see how it wears tomorrow.


And my previously TNT Ottobre 02/07 tee underneath the cowl morph.


While the tee still fits in the shoulders, neckline and armhole depth, it's now way too big in the width. I sewed up the new top per this pattern above and tried it on. Then I took in an inch at each sideseam, straight up through the armhole and sleeve, for a total of 4 inches — and it's still not tight. But I'm not complaining. I realized about a week ago that I was eating serving sizes based on habit and not on hunger. I reduced the portions, feel much better after meals again, and moved the scale significantly. I lost 8 lbs this week and saw a number on the scale this morning that I haven't seen in a decade. Woot!

My Fabric.com order was waiting for me Monday night. Back row left to right: sweater knit, sweater knit, sweater knit, rayon challis, rayon challis, sweater knit. Front: wool, wool blend. The sweater knits will be cardigans. The rayon challis is to be blouses, and the wools will be skirts. My Fabric Mart order is delayed. I received a voicemail from them telling me they were ready to ship but there was a problem with my credit card. Hmmm. I guess I will need to remember to call them tomorrow from the office and get that sucker on its way. Not that I've got a shortage anymore of fabrics to sew or anything.


Parting Thought: One of the first things I do when I get home from work is to check my email. It's so nice to be welcomed home by all the nice comments from you. It really starts my evenings off with happy thoughts. Thank you!!

23 comments:

  1. I really like the fit of this top, and your fabric placement catches the eye in the best way...a very professional and flattering outfit. Brava!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Debbie, awesome top! You look so good, and so happy! Congrats on seeing your work come to fruition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, great top and skirt!

    I have TNTs in multiple patterns -- if I like something, I just keep tracing off the smaller and bigger sizes when my weight fluctuates. If I've already cut something in one size, I'll go ahead and buy another one. If it ain't broke......

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks awfully like my own favorite pattern of the moment. So imho it's perfect :-). But I love your print.
    I'd advise a cardigan or jacket for first meeting with a new vendor though, just to up the business-like factor. Skip the pantyhose to compensate??

    ReplyDelete
  5. This top looks great on you as does the skirt. I think the skirt is a keeper and flattering.

    I'm with you on the portion adjustment. I really dislike that feeling of being full and have learned to keep my portions small. I'm still satisfied and don't fell like a bloated balloon after eating. Now how long did it take to figure that out?,,,,,

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like both pieces. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Debbie, very nice outfit! You have a great eye for the colors and prints that look just right on you.
    The weight loss is even more exciting. You go,girl! We sre all proud of your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful top! And lovin' the new haircut.

    Welcome home from work!!!
    Blessings,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Women's clothing has undergone an evolution. Today, there is no particular style and length for women's tops and shirts. Some tops are even available in sixes that fit all. Most of these One-Size Fits All tops are loose so that they can be worn by almost every woman in any size. But choosing the right kind of top is a right decision, women's tops that accentuate your positives and highlight your best assets look best on you. Women tops are not merely t-Shirt shape but now various design and ranges are now available in this category.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a great new outfit. Enjoy wearing it! And you got some wonderful new pieces of fabric. Before you know it, you are going to have a closet full of new clothes to choose from every morning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this outfit! That skirt really looks great on you.

    I love a cowl neckline and it seems I'm constantly in search of the "perfect" cowl. You have a winner in yours.

    Debbie, you look so good and seem so happy! I'm thrilled for you.
    Mermie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your outfit, and you are looking so good, too. Congrats on your weight loss.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have really enjoyed your recent posts and seeing how those pounds are melting away. You look terrific! You also look fabulous in skirts and I am another person who wears her skirts short! I am older than you and wear them even above my knees..gasp! :)

    Anyway, thanks for your daily posts and congrats on the new job and the weight loss. You deserve a big pat on the back!

    ~Bev

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your new fabrics! I'm not letting myself buy any more until I use some of what I've got. Not much, just some. Your new outfit looks great, too. Glad you're enjoying the new job so much.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Debbie you are looking fabulous! And 8lbs in one week - wow. I know you are following Atkins OWL but would you be willing to describe a typical one day's eating???

    ReplyDelete
  17. You look so super in this outfit! This definitely makes your top 3, to my way of thinking. Thanks for sharing your projects and details. You're looking great!

    BearsPaw55

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great outfit for the "new" skinny Debbie! Great fabric, too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your blog is a joy to read. You are emerging from your cocoon into your butterfly self... keep powering on.

    After seeing your cowl pattern alteration, I'm going to make a top similar. Congrats on your prowess in your office job...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Enjoy seeing what you are making, buying & wearing. I am a fan of drape neck blouses and the print is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Had I not been reading your blog for quite a while, I would not have recognized your photo today. Your weight loss is phenomenal. The clothes are nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  22. You're lookin great! Love the new top.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very pretty top that looks great with the skirt. Congrats on the weight loss! I lost 20 pounds over the past several months (still have 10 - 15 to go). It feels really good to have less weight to carry around; it's sort of like taking off a heavy backpack.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for each and every comment. I appreciate them all, but I have to be honest and let you know that I'm usually bad about answering questions. I hope you understand that there just isn't enough time in the day to do everything I want to do.

To help keep spam comments under control, any comments to blog posts that are more than 30 days old are moderated and will not show up immediately.