Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Bubble Wrap Suits

I am SO BUSY with work this week that I've barely had time to come up for air, let alone get into the sewing room to progress on my HP top that I didn't finish over the weekend. But the work event I'm stressing on is tomorrow so by Friday and the weekend, I'll be able to breathe again. Whew!

In the meantime, I'll leave with you this photo of my sons in their bubble wrap suits standing next to DS#1's friend (friend, not girlfriend) in her Pokemon-inspired costume.



The jackets have hoods and snap closures and there's a working fly (no zip) on the pants. It was fun to collaborate with DS#1 on this idea, but I'm glad I don't have to sew bubble wrap every day.

While I'm on the subject, shortly after the guys arrived at MetroCon this past Saturday morning, they called to tell me that a lady had just walked up to them and told them she knew that they were my sons and that I had made their outfits because she reads my blog. How funny! (Whoever you are, please comment and say hi!)

14 comments:

  1. Those suits are too funny. That you made them is incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are really too funny. I hope that they appreciate what a great mother they have! But, I'm hot just looking at them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG they must been hot, and not in a good way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the best project ever! But no way am I letting my kids see this post. I draw the line at bubble wrap suits...I think? :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. So funny!!! Did they drive you crazy popping the bubbles while you were fitting them:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sewing can be fun!!! I love the suits. I hope they weren't too hot wearing them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the suits!! Even my four year old son know the movie...(against my better wishes)....and you did a fabulous job!! Such a sweet Mom to do that for your boys!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Debbie,
    I actually told your sons to tell you "how much I loved your blog". They looked pretty stunned.
    Hope they had fun. Their costumes were fabulous.
    Melodie, the crazy costumer who accosted the boys

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are hilarious! It's awesome that someone recognized them because of their suits!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great Job!! I bet they would have loved to roll around on the floor after it was finished and pop all the bubbles. lol. Might be a good thing for small children to keep them entertained for hours of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just found your blog, and this post about the costumes. My husband, daughter and 2 of her friends were at the Tampa Metro Con, and saw your guys. My daughter was in costume as a vocaloid, wearing a long orange wig. Small world! Love your blog, and I love how your sewing table turned out.

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't believe you sewed bubble wrap?! These look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for each and every comment. I appreciate them all, but I have to be honest and let you know that I'm usually bad about answering questions. I hope you understand that there just isn't enough time in the day to do everything I want to do.

To help keep spam comments under control, any comments to blog posts that are more than 30 days old are moderated and will not show up immediately.