Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Another Sunny Day



My second Hot Patterns Weekender Sunshine top is done.

The fabric is a print a friend from an old sewing list bought for me from S.R. Harris in Minnesota, years ago. It's got gold glitter in various places, which won't last past laundry and which is fine with me. It's been in the stash a long time. I wish I could say it was completely out but there's still enough left for another top at some point. I don't think I really want two so I may just sacrifice it for a muslin in the near future.

Because the print wasn't nearly busy enough (kidding!), I also added some bronze snap heads on the neckband. I was afraid the weight would make the neckband flop down so before I committed, I pinned on a bunch of grommets to test. No flopping, so all is good. The backsides of the snaps are a bit cold on the skin when I first put it on though. Note to self: Do not wear this top while sitting in direct Florida summer sun. ;-)

12 comments:

  1. Cute! The snaps are a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really cute top! I really like the fabric and I think the snaps are a cute finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's another great top! I love the snaps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice touch with the snaps and a good idea. I did laugh though about sitting in the sun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very stylish. I'm glad to see you sewing again. Love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debbie, is the fabric a knit or a woven? I love those little gathers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Groovy snaps! Clever to test them out by pinning first for a flop test. (Is that an unlikely sentence, or what?) It looks nice and silky to wear, quite comfortable. Another kudo for exhuming Deep Stash into Regular Wardrobe Rotation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the fabric and the snaps are such a great detail. "Great" looking top.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks great!
    Ugggh!!
    It's almost 10pm Nov 4th, and it's freaking 84 degrees in my house!!!!! My kids are complaining that we need to turn the A/C back on!!!
    If this doesn't stop, even *I'M* going to start considering there's something to global warming!
    I'm going to go check what the temp in Florida is - can't be as bad as here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute top. I love the snap heads. What a clever way of testing to see if they cause floppiness. Testing is good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this pattern so much, I just ordered it online. Thanks for your inspirational blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for each and every comment. I appreciate them all, but I have to be honest and let you know that I'm usually bad about answering questions. I hope you understand that there just isn't enough time in the day to do everything I want to do.

To help keep spam comments under control, any comments to blog posts that are more than 30 days old are moderated and will not show up immediately.