Saturday, April 25, 2009

Looking for a 30-hour day



There just aren't enough hours in the day. I had to stop on the bra for today and do some household things, like setting up the new bed that was delivered today for DS#2. He's been away since Tuesday at a State Drama "thing" in Tampa with his high school and many more high school drama departments from all over Florida. Dramatic Teenagers all over downtown Tampa, as if they weren't already dramatic enough. LOL! Anyway, he'll be surprised when he gets home tomorrow. He's going from a twin to a queen.

So, back to the bra … this pic is just a little before where I left off. This is the next one cut, with construction started. Right now, it's white with copper stretch lace. But I'm sewing with nylon thread and plan to dip the whole thing in dye when I'm done (and if it fits, of course).

I took this pic to emphasize that when you are sewing a bra, you should be very careful with your pieces. Keep them laid out on the table as they will be sewn. You'd be surprised at how easy it is to mix up a left and right piece. I learned this the hard way a few years ago.

That's my helpful hint for this evening. LOL!

I plan to get up tomorrow morning and work on this some more. I'll post again when I have progress to show.

4 comments:

  1. 30 hours in a day, I would love that! I am working on the same pattern myself. I will follow your blog to see if you are happy with the result. And I am curious to see what th result of the dying will be! Bye from Holland, Jos

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll interested in the dyeing also. Are you going to Rit-dye in the machine, or use another dyeing process?

    Yes, I can imagineit would be easy to mix up the pieces of a bra and have a very interesting fit after!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of you ladies making your own underwear is making me want to try it. I found myself looking at the lingerie materials in Hancock's this weekend. I agree, I wish there were more hours in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the bra making information. I am just getting started, excited about the possiblities. You have definately helped to clear up some questions. Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for each and every comment. I appreciate them all, but I have to be honest and let you know that I'm usually bad about answering questions. I hope you understand that there just isn't enough time in the day to do everything I want to do.

To help keep spam comments under control, any comments to blog posts that are more than 30 days old are moderated and will not show up immediately.