Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Twenty Words or So

Hey everyone ... I've had some comments wondering how Hurricane/TS Fay treated us, and I just want to assure everyone that we're fine. It didn't rain even one drop here while the storm was going up the coast and then some torrential downpours a few days later as it traveled back across the top of Florida, but nothing that doesn't happen nearly every summer afternoon. Last I heard, there's another storm brewing so the fun never stops.

Still no sewing. Work is keeping me SO BUSY! But it's a good busy, with good pay, even if it keeps me out of the sewing room a bit longer. And on top of everything else, it's football team tee shirt season again, which means collecting money, sorting orders, etc., etc. There is light at the end of the tunnel, which is not an oncoming train, so I hope to get those darn capris finished by the end of the week to wear to DS's first game of the season.

It's just been one of those weeks, for 2 weeks in a row. ;-)

9 comments:

  1. I sure hope that the rain from the next storm makes it up to Virginia. if you get it would you please send it here?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you're still among the living...I've missed your blog.
    I just wanted to thank you for your cover stitch tutorials. I bought the attachment for my babylock (eeks 79.00) and didn't know how to attach the stupid thing...now I need to practice.
    Thanks again and good luck with your sewing.
    Lorri

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been lurking for several months now. I've been reading your post from the beginning and working my way thru the years!! You and I have so much in common, for instance, I have a JRT named Hunter. Aren't they the most entertaining little dogs? Keep posting, love your sewing. You do beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you stayed as dry as possible this week. Have fun at the game :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am happy to hear that you are dodging what we are seeing on the news from the Florida scene and that you will get a little air after the ball team duties slow down. At least you will have new capris to wear so maybe that will give you happy thoughts. mssewcrazy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear things are OK there for you. Also happy to hear the job is going so well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear you are still with us and haven't fallen off the face of the earth.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a 'lurker' from across the state in Deltona. Fay turned our front yard into a lake, but no other damage. Here's the really kewel site we use now for storm tracking.

    www.stormpulse.com

    click and drag to move the map. Click on the storm name to see details and path.

    Gustav is a cat 4 now, forecast to be a cat 5. Glad this one isn't coming our way. I have a good friend in the Sarasota area who just wrote and said she is getting bad storms off of Gustav. I imagine you will be as well. Florida east coast has been rainy today, too.

    I just finished reading your entire blog. Took me a while. LOL! I sure wish I had your expertise with knits and the coverstitch machine. I have no clue how to adjust patterns for my massive body. We have similar shapes, but make yourself 5'10" and 325 pounds and you can imagine the challenge.

    I'd love to take pattern adjustment "lessons" from you!

    I bought Bernina's My Label software last year but haven't been able to master it yet. Have you seen it yet? www.berninamylabel.com

    I'll end my "novel" now. Stay dry and safe!

    Mel
    (I'm female)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for each and every comment. I appreciate them all, but I have to be honest and let you know that I'm usually bad about answering questions. I hope you understand that there just isn't enough time in the day to do everything I want to do.

To help keep spam comments under control, any comments to blog posts that are more than 30 days old are moderated and will not show up immediately.