Wednesday, May 14, 2008

More Office Sewing

I've been sending resumes out and now I play the wait game. While I'm waiting for the calls to pour in (getting up off floor now), I'm still sewing.

I finished a cardigan from the lime slinky, which takes care of the last of that fabric. I I used Jalie 2566, which I've made before. I'll take a pic of it later. I forgot to bring my camera upstairs. (I'll also try to remember to take a pic of the inside of the tie blouse neckline for you, Sherril.)

I just finished tracing a blouse pattern from the 05/2007 issue of Ottobre Woman. This one:



I have a blouse-y print fabric to use, which coordinates with the RTW khaki-colored trumpet skirt. But first, I'm sure I'll have to do some alterations, so a muslin will be the next sewing I do.

* * * * *

Also, completely off the track for my usual blog entries, but if you believe in prayers or just good thoughts, please send some along to the Pollock family in Brandon, Florida. Forrest Pollock is the pastor for the church we attend. We don't attend often anymore but that's not the point today. Rev. Pollock and his 13-year old son were killed early Monday morning when the small airplane Rev. Pollock was flying crashed in North Carolina while he was on his way to a church conference. He leaves behind a wife and five other children. The days ahead will be a very hard time for his family, and for the entire congregation.

6 comments:

  1. My sympathies to your pastor's family. How tragic.

    On the other topic, good luck with the job search. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie, here's a heads up on that Ottobre blouse pattern. I put together a muslin of it and found that the darts are in strange places. The bust darts are about 2 inches too high (for me anyway), we're talking up in the armpits, and the fisheye darts on the front are too far over toward the side seams. Of course this could easily be operator error on my part, I could've traced the wrong darts. Good Luck on the job hunt!
    Tammy (izzie)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sad for the family - I'll keep them in my thoughts and prayers.

    Hope the phone starting ringing off the hook for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a terrible thing to hear of the crash and also the family left behind. It makes me sad to even think about.
    I hope the phone rings and rings and you have so many good offers you have difficulty picking which one you want. On the other hand I see companies prefer and hire just out of high school people that they have to drug test daily and have all kinds of problems with yet try to avoid hiring qualified middle age folks in the job market again for various reasons. If for some reason it takes a little longer to find what you are looking for, just consider it a great loss to any that miss you. Anybody who completes as many projects as you do and blogs about them will be super woman in the office. mssewcrazy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm still in shock over losing the Pastor. The family needs all our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is very very sad news about your Pasor and his son, more so for the family left behind....sad sad sad! I hope his widow will find the strength in her Faith to cope with this tremendous loss as well as support the needs of her remaining children.
    My sincere sympathy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for each and every comment. I appreciate them all, but I have to be honest and let you know that I'm usually bad about answering questions. I hope you understand that there just isn't enough time in the day to do everything I want to do.

To help keep spam comments under control, any comments to blog posts that are more than 30 days old are moderated and will not show up immediately.