Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Sometimes Things Just Work Out



DH finished with his 3-week class this past Friday, but he's only home for this week before he takes off on Sunday. It's gonna be me and the boys (and poochies) manning the home fires for a while. We decided to have a real lunch date together today before his trip.

Of course I wanted to wear my new top but I didn't think it would be a go because I didn't think I had anything to wear with it yet. Hah! When one has been buying and sewing (and receiving wonderful fabric gifts from Aussie friends) in the same color families, one should know better. A trip through the long pants section in my closet revealed a winner. Last year's pants from the wonderful bengaline fabric that Belinda sent from Australia. Belinda knows my colors as well as I do. Lucky me, eh? These pants match my new top perfectly. I love it when that kind of stuff happens.

So, here I am. New top, last year's pants. The top feels great. I love this fabric. But it's a looser style than I'm used to so I need to stop thinking it's going to fall off my shoulders because it really isn't. It fits fine and doesn't move. I just don't have a seam at my armpit so I'm getting more of a breeze in there. ;-) I could see living in these tunics all summer long. Why did I wait until October?

But I'm now long out of that outfit and back to my flips flops and capris. Mom uniform. Plus my toes were about to suffocate being covered over and all. ;-) Here's what I'm wearing as I type this, apologies for the blurries. And no, still no carpeting in my bedroom. Sigh.

15 comments:

  1. The tops are really cute! And isn't it something that last year's pants seemed to be made just for this year's top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute top for your date with your hubby. Perfect pants for the new top, too. Don't you just love when you CAN find something in your closet to match!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, How cute it is on you. It is so good when all the stars line up and you find a perfect match in the closet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great in those tops - I especially love the first one! Glad you had a match in your closet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable top and you look great in it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The top worked out just fine! Looks comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your top looks really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks really cute. I like how the verticals of the V frame your face. And hey, I kind of like a bit of a breeze sometimes lately. . .

    ReplyDelete
  9. Terrific outfit, I love it, love it, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fantastic outfit! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love both your outfits! I am kind of a newbie here, so enjoy learning more and finding inspiration as I get back into sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Don't you just love it when something works out. Your top and pants make a great outfit. Enjoy your date with hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely outfits, Debbie. Which pattern is the second top with the capris? Did I miss it somewhere?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for each and every comment. I appreciate them all, but I have to be honest and let you know that I'm usually bad about answering questions. I hope you understand that there just isn't enough time in the day to do everything I want to do.

To help keep spam comments under control, any comments to blog posts that are more than 30 days old are moderated and will not show up immediately.