Thursday, September 27, 2007

Fingers Crossed



It's cut out (Burda WOF 03/2007 #103B). No muslin. No time. This is the *good* fabric.

I did spend some time tweaking my pattern after I had it printed, taped and cut out. I laid the actual Burda tracing over it and finessed mine to match theirs where there is some subtle shaping. I really do think it's good to go, but I won't know for sure until it's sewn and on me. Although maybe I should be smart and do a little pin-fitting before I commit every seam to the serger.

Next up is interfacing the neckbands. I hate interfacing. Not the noun, but the verb. The fusing step isn't bad (although I do have a wee bit of envy over Belinda's new pressing toy which she's yet to blog about. Ahem.), but the cutting out and then re-cutting out after fusing is just fiddly and an extra step before sewing. Not a big deal in the whole scheme of life or anything, just a little irk of mine.

My iron is heated up, so time to strike while the iron's hot (groan).

(Wow—A whole post completely sewing-related. Amazing!)

3 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to seeing the finished top! Glad you are back in the blogging world. I really enjoy your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on the interfacing. Hate it. And I am also waiting on Belinda to post about her press. I have one too but still haven't taken it out of the box. But I will this week as I can feel a jacket coming on.

    Hope the non muslining goes ok!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ADORE that fabric! Where did it come from? And don't say your stash. :)

    I promise to blog about my new press very soon. :) I'm in jacket sewing mode and after sewing muslin's for a week I'm now good to go on two jackets. One jacket which needs to be completely fused so I get to test out my new press.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for each and every comment. I appreciate them all, but I have to be honest and let you know that I'm usually bad about answering questions. I hope you understand that there just isn't enough time in the day to do everything I want to do.

To help keep spam comments under control, any comments to blog posts that are more than 30 days old are moderated and will not show up immediately.