Monday, January 15, 2007

A teeny-tiny step forward

I've organized the jacket pattern pieces and laid them on my cutting table in the position as they would be sewn to see which piece is what and where I'll need to alter, and also to start thinking through the general construction in my mind given that the WOF instructions will likely drive me nuts. I'm now debating with myself whether to cut a muslin as-is without doing any alterations first so I'll have a known starting point, or to make some bust and hip adjustments to the pattern and then cut the muslin. I know I have to do a square shoulder adjustment so I'll do that either way.

There are pros and cons to both. I think I'll pin the pattern tracing together and see if that helps with the decision. I'm going to start with just the bodice pieces. I'll do the facing and sleeves after I've made some progress on the bust and hips.

So far, I've thought more about this jacket in the last hour than I have all week. ;-)

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see the end product, Burda WOF patterns are so unique and trendy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for each and every comment. I appreciate them all, but I have to be honest and let you know that I'm usually bad about answering questions. I hope you understand that there just isn't enough time in the day to do everything I want to do.

To help keep spam comments under control, any comments to blog posts that are more than 30 days old are moderated and will not show up immediately.