Monday, January 1, 2007

On deck for Monday


I finished cutting out my next pair of Simplicity 4068 pants/jeans while waiting for the ball to drop tonight.

I ordered "denim" fabric from Fabric.com and when it arrived, it felt like something to recover a sofa. But, a few trips through the washer/dryer softened it up rather nicely. It's denim-like, but it's not a twill weave. Still, it will make nice blue jeans and will go with nearly any top. I bought the last 4 yards according to the website but it was a very generous cut and I have enough left for another pair. I'll probably sew something for one of the boys, but I'm not in a hurry since Santa brought them each a few new pairs of jeans.

When these are done, I'll give the pattern a rest for a bit even though I still have at least 3 pairs of jeans I want to make before winter is over. But since winter hasn't even really started here yet, I figure I have a little more time. I'd like to get started on a denim jacket, using fabric #3 from the pic below, I think. I have a couple of others in the stash that would work too.

The pattern I have in mind is from Burda WOF, but the issue is upstairs and I forget exactly which one it is. I'll post that pic and line drawing later.

Happy New Year!

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year!!!!!

    (I love fabric #3, btw).

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're not in winter yet, either, and this is Illinois! Weird.

    I've made exactly ONE thing in the 2 weeks I've been off from work and that was a sleeveless shell to wear under a jacket that I have only half finished. Ooh, you put me to shame. But I do like to read about all that YOU sew!

    Kudos to you for your many informative and interesting blog postings this past year. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year Debbie!!! I hope you get lots of sewing done this year.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for each and every comment. I appreciate them all, but I have to be honest and let you know that I'm usually bad about answering questions. I hope you understand that there just isn't enough time in the day to do everything I want to do.

To help keep spam comments under control, any comments to blog posts that are more than 30 days old are moderated and will not show up immediately.