Sunday, October 8, 2006

Plugging Away


The new skirt is going well. This fabric has the perfect amount of drape for the side flounces and cut-on godets and a try-on after all seams were sewn tells me it's going to fit well. I really like girlie skirts but I hate pantyhose and heels so a casual skirt with a twirl factor is right up my alley. I can see that this is going to be a favorite pattern that I'll use many times.

As I near the completion of the skirt (while peeking at the football games) I'm starting to contemplate a top. I have a few ideas but nothing is decided yet. I can't decide whether to start with fabric or pattern and so I'm having a small case of analysis paralysis. I've still got a week to get it done. Hopefully, I won't dawdle those days away trying to come up with something.

3 comments:

  1. Debbie - I love that skirt and can't wait to see what you come up with to top it! Happy sewing - I'm headed to mine now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great so far, Debbie. I really like the fabric and the contrasting topstitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't live without tights! It squishes in all my fluff :)
    Can't wait to see the skirt.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for each and every comment. I appreciate them all, but I have to be honest and let you know that I'm usually bad about answering questions. I hope you understand that there just isn't enough time in the day to do everything I want to do.

To help keep spam comments under control, any comments to blog posts that are more than 30 days old are moderated and will not show up immediately.